You must be signed in to make a comment.
Thank you once again for making my campaign such a great success! I love it when you love my software! :-)
I released UglifyJS 2.0 and it’s also available on NPM. Most of the stuff on the “short-term” list is now there.
- The compressor yields smaller code than version 1.
- We have full support for source maps, including for taking an input source map and re-mapping input JS to its original source (useful when minifying compiled JS)
- Ability to keep copyright notices or other comments.
- Ability to take input from a SpiderMonkey AST (this wasn’t on the list). It works by converting it to our internal AST format.
- Command line utility (not compatible with V1 unfortunately and I’m not sure it’s worth the trouble but I could write a wrapper if there is sufficient interest).
Stuff on the original list that’s not yet done:
- AST and API documentation. UglifyJS contains tools that allow you to walk or transform the AST pretty easily and could be useful for a wide range of applications, not just compression.
- Regression test suite. Seems I’m a complete failure when it comes about writing tests. :-(
I’m closing this campaign now. I still have time left and I’ll continue to work on UglifyJS2. If you find issues or have any suggestions please use the Github issue tracker or email me directly.
too bad it accepts only PayPal!