About The Public Whip
Your MP votes on changes to British law on your behalf. When parliament is in session, they may do this a dozen times a week.
In order to know whether your MP is representing your views on the issues, you need to know how they’ve voted.
The Public Whip lets you see all their votes so you can hold them to account.
About this fund raising effort
We really want to redevelop Public Whip
to include the following new features:
* Better security with coding standards code
* Faster site
* Better designed/easier to use
* “Tagging” of divisions to increase findability of related issues
* API for you to easily integrate Public Whip data into your own website
* Internationalisation (hopefully including MEP and local councillor support)
* Faster updates (taking feeds directly from Hansard with the ability to “live update” on important issues)
* Better search facilities
* Twitter updates
So it’s quite a bit of work – but we are currently estimating it’ll take around 480 man hours – plus we’d like a little bit spare cash for day-to-day running costs (so we can at least afford to have someone answer queries at least once a day), hosting costs and future development.
Please help Public Whip survive and grow!